Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The last of the vomit paper tags

I took some time off. I went home for Christmas break and totally fucking relaxed. Why? Because the vomit paper was accepted! Fuck yeah!

Maybe I built it up a little too much, but I felt more relief than excitement. Don't get me wrong - I am totally fucking stoked that I kicked the shit out of that big lab full of fucking idea-stealing cunts. But really, once I received the email the first thing I thought of was "I'm never going to have to look at that fucking paper ever again."

The vomit paper went through too many drafts. I spent an entire day trying to make my figures cooperate and look nice at publication-quality resolution. I had to stand my ground and fight to write in active voice, but other people's shitty sentence structure ended up in the text. Oh well.

It's fucking published.

No comments: